Why I Didn't Post During the Trump Years

When I started this blog, I thought I was going to have fun parodying the Trump Presidency. But it soon became apparent that the Trump Presidency was too serious to parody. It was not something that you could make fun of, as though it were a harmless prank played on a college roommate. The Trump Presidency was a real decline in civility, rationality, and humanity. It was worse than the debacle we had when we had Richard Nixon as our President. As the days wore on, I found I couldn't joke about the things that Trump was doing to our great country.

I realize that others, more talented people than me, were able to mock what Trump was doing, and mock it in a way that highlighted the evil and corrupt things that were going on just below the surface. But I couldn't be one of those people. 

I hid from what I regarded as a dive into hypocrisy, deviousness, and criminality.

And by the time our country returned to rationality, with the election of Joe Biden, I had forgotten that this blog existed. But nothing ever dies on the internet, and when I woke up again to witness more idiocy on the part of the Trump-supporting GOP, I rediscovered this blog.

And this time, I won't run away from mocking the idiocy, stupidity, and cruelty of the last two years of a great President's term.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Returning to the Fold

A Thoroughly Disappointing Movie!

Data vs Information