Side Effects of Covid Booster Shot

 

Yesterday I took the plunge. I donned my face mask, which may or may not protect me or may or may not protect others, I got in my car, which may or may not need gas, and I drove to the medical center to get my Covid booster. I’ve mastered all the basics: park on the top level (direct sunlight kills the virus, adding an extra level of protection), don’t take the stairs (even going downhill exhausts me), know where I’m going (fortunately Covid signage is much clearer than signage to the Psychiatric ward, my usual destination.

Getting the booster was a lot easier than getting the original shots. Better scheduling, less panic, and a more orderly process. Not only was my provider able to give me the booster, but they were able to update my records so that my first booster was included. And, as an added bonus, I was able to get a flu shot.

Ah, I feel so protected now!

Then I got home.

“What? You got the booster? Don’t you know that’s going to cause heart failure?” (Yes, I have an anti-vaxer relative.)

“I’m willing to take the risk,” I replied.

“Well, watch out for symptoms.”

“What symptoms should I be on the lookout for?”

“I don’t know. Visibly shaking, maybe?”

“Okay, I’ll be on the lookout.”

So last night, I was acutely aware of any physical symptom I might exhibit that would tell me I was having an adverse reaction to the booster.

As the night progressed, I did notice that my arm ached where I had gotten the shot. Unfortunately, I got the flu shot in the same arm, and I’ve had sore arms from previous flu shots. Then, as the night progressed, I did notice some distinct changes in my nightly routine.

Instead of waking up three or four times in the night to go to the bathroom, I only woke up twice. Instead of lying in bed for long stretches of time trying to fall asleep, I fell asleep almost immediately. Instead of having strange, disturbing dreams when I did fall asleep, last night when I woke up, all I could remember is seeing a sign in my head that stated: “You did not dream about XYZXXYYZZ or ABCDEFU.” Since I didn’t dream about those topics, I can’t tell you what they were.

In addition to getting more sleep than I have in weeks, I woke up with no backaches or sore muscles. Even the pain in my arm where I got the shots was gone.

So I’ve made a decision. I’m going to get the booster as often as I can. I really do like those peaceful nights of sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Returning to the Fold

Data vs Information

A Thoroughly Disappointing Movie!